Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated was founded on January 13, 1913 by 22 students at Howard University. These young women wanted to use their collective strength to promote academic excellence, to provide scholarships, to provide support to the underserved, educate and stimulate the participation in the establishment of positive public policy, and to highlight issues and provide solutions for problems in their communities. The Iota Omega chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. was chartered on April 14, 1973.
- Nicknames: DST, Deltas
- Values: Economic Development, Educational Development, International Awareness and Involvement, Physical and Mental Health, and Political Awareness and Involvement
- Colors: Crimson & Cream
- Flowers/Symbols: Purple Violet and Fortitude
- Nationally Founded: Howard University | January 13, 1913
- Locally Installed: 1973
- National Philanthropy: St. Jude's Hospital, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. School in Cherette, Haiti, The Sick Mission Hospital
- Local Philanthropy: Hays County Women's Shelter, Gary Job Core