Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated is the first Black sorority and was founded on January 15, 1908 at Howard University. Since then the Sigma Epsilon chapter of AKA was charted on the campus of Texas State University on April 30, 2000. We are committed to upholding the purpose of AKA which is to cultivate and encourage high scholastic and ethical standards, to promote unity and friendship among college women, to study and help alleviate problems concerning girls and women in order to improve their social stature, to maintain a progressive interest in college life and to be of service to ALL mankind.
- Nicknames: AKA's
- Values: Scholarship, Leadership, Civic Engagement, and Public Service
- Colors: Apple Green & Salmon Pink
- Flowers/Symbols: Ivy Leaf and Tea Rose
- Nationally Founded: Howard University January 15, 1908
- Locally Installed: 2000
- National Philanthropy: American Heart Association