Tips for Membership Intake
The decision to join a fraternity or sorority is one that will impact you for the rest of your life. It is important that you join the right that is right for you. We have provided some tips below*:
- Show Interest: Fill out the NPHC interest form as early as possible.
- Complete the FSL Virtual Orientation Module: This module gives you a general perspective on the FSL experience across our community, nationally, and globally! Visit the virtual orientation at this LINK.
- Explore: Know your options. Get to know the different organizations, meet their members, and attend their events. That's the time to see them in a variety of settings so you know which is truly best for you.
- Do your research: Follow the council and chapters on social media, visit their national websites, check out the FSL website, become familiar with their programs, attend multiple events, and anything else you can think of that will help you to better understand everything.
- Attend an NPHC Orientation: NPHC hosts a couple orientation sessions for students interested in joining a fraternity or sorority at Texas State. These session give you a broader view of the council's structure, values, and organizations!
- Attend an informational: NPHC member organizations host informationals and/or interest meetings where interested students can learn more about the organization and how to become a member. Be on the lookout for those events!
- Ask questions: If you are wondering about a part of the membership intake process, ask! If you are wondering about scholarship opportunities, ask! This is a lifelong decision, you want to make sure you have the information you need to make the right one.
- Be yourself: Join an organization that aligns with your values and interests. If you pretend to be someone you're not, enjoy things you hate, and care about things you dislike, then both you and the chapter will be disappointed.
- Involve those around you: Parents, guardians, friends, siblings. While the choice is ultimately yours, and you must make it for yourself, talking things through with others will help you process everything and make the right decision.
* Following these tips does not guarantee receiving an invitation for membership. They just better prepare you for the membership intake process.